Help the Red Cross compete for $3 million
In addition to the @15 contest profiled above, the Red Cross has another opportunity through Facebook and Target to raise up to 3 million additional dollars. If you’ve ever wanted to play the philanthropist, now is your chance!
From now through May 25, Target is giving you the power to decide where a $3 million charitable donation will go. The American Red Cross is one of ten non-profit organizations competing for a portion of the multi-million dollar gift.
Target’s Bullseye Gives campaign is running through Facebook, where visitors can vote once a day, every day, for the charity of their choice. To vote, simply do the following:
1. Login or Sign Up on Facebook.
2. Visit http://www.facebook.com/target
3. Click “Submit Vote” button next to Red Cross.
4. If this is your first time voting, a box will appear that asks you to “Accept” this application. Please accept it. In subsequent voting, this step will be skipped and you’ll be navigated directly to step 6.
5. A box will appear that allows you to type a message to your Facebook friends telling them why you chose to vote for the Red Cross and encouraging them to do the same. What you type in this box will appear in your friends’ news streams.
6. That’s it! Congratulations! Repeat these steps every 24 hours through May 25.
At the end of the contest, the percentage of votes each organization tallies will represent their portion of the $3 million. Final results will be announced May 26.
Vote for the Red Cross and spread the word to your friends and family!