H1N1 (Swine) Flu: What Can You Do?
You may have heard about the H1N1 Flu virus in the news lately. Did you know that young people up to age 24 may be more susceptible to catching this flu? You can play an active role in helping to prevent the spread of H1N1 by taking the following actions:
- Educate yourself about H1N1 (swine) flu
- Take action by sharing the attached flu tear sheet with your peers
Take these simple actions to prevent the spread of flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also effective when soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
This just in from Redcrosschat.org:
Dr. Clarke has won the HHS Flu Prevention PSA contest.