Host a Blood Drive & Make a Difference
Why host a blood drive?
Hosting a blood drive with the American Red Cross is a partnership where everyone wins:
* Organizations gain goodwill from their community and build morale and camaraderie as their members work together for a good cause
* Blood donors feel good about giving back together with colleagues, friends or peers,
* The Red Cross is better able to fulfill its mission of ensuring the availability of a safe and reliable blood supply
* Patients in the community and across the nation receive the gift of life.
Hosting a blood drive is a rewarding experience. As a blood drive coordinator you will:
* Take leadership
* Work with many groups or people across your organization
* Bring people together in a spirit of teamwork to make your event successful
* Promote a cause that saves millions of lives each year
Every year thousands of student leaders across the country organize American Red Cross blood drives at their schools.
In fact, almost 20 percent of the millions of donations made each year come from high school and college blood drives.
Partnering with the American Red Cross to host a blood drive is a great way to:
* Rally your school around a cause that saves millions of lives each year
* Demonstrate leadership
* Promote teamwork
An American Red Cross representative will team up with you to set a goal, provide materials and help set you up to recruit donors and volunteers.