Red Cross Launches new First Aid App – Get it and share!
Today, American Red Cross Preparedness and Health and Safety Services (PHSS) has launched the first in a new series of mobile apps for iPhones and Android phones. This free app provides the average and untrained user with knowledge of what to do when first aid is required in everyday situations. Using videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice, it’s a tool that anyone with a compatible phone should have. We’re asking all Red Crossers to download and rate the app, as well as tell as many friends and family, colleagues and clients as you can! Search Red Cross in Apple’s App Store or Google Play for Android phones.
This app is not targeted at the professional responder. It does not have a first aid or CPR certification component nor is it meant to take the place of full first aid training.
· Simple, easy-to-understand advice on everyday first aid scenarios.
· Videos, step-by-step instructions and animations making learning first aid fun and easy.
· Preparedness tips on how to prepare for some of the most common emergency situations, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornados.
· An Emergency section serving as your personal panic button is instantly accessible, giving you just enough info to know what to do in emergency first aid situations.
· Find out how much you’ve learned by taking interactive quizzes.
· Earn “badges” and share them with your friends on Twitter and Facebook to show off your life-saving knowledge.
· The information is all hosted in the app itself, so no internet connection is needed, making it fast and easy to access.
· Text to donate from within the app – Selecting donate via text will launch a text pre-populated with the Red Cross shortcode and keyword.
· Collect Them All section – in the More tab, this will highlight the icons of all apps in the pipeline making app discovery visible and simple.
· Android widget – widget that users can add to their Android phone home screens providing quick and direct access.
This is the first of many preparedness, health and safety apps to be launched by PHSS this year, and we’re looking to young American Red Cross volunteers to help us blow out our reach numbers by having this app downloaded to as many iPhone and Android phones as possible. So once again, please download the app and then tell as many of your friends and family, colleagues and clients as possible to download and rate it, as well! With your help, we hope to save more lives, prepare more people to respond and extend the reach of the Red Cross through a new channel.