Fundraising Best Practices From Around the Country
For over the past month the National Youth Council has been working on collecting best practices in fundraising, blood services, and preparedness from chapters across the country. Clubs have contributed ideas, suggestions, and tips, and here are some of the best ideas.
- For Haiti, students organized a dodgeball tournament that raised several thousand dollars
- A college student organized a concert benefiting the Red Cross and then sold the album on iTunes
- Organize a sporting event and collect pledges such as a run/walk, swim/dive, or golf or tennis tournament
- Host bake sales at schools or at local grocery stores
- Hold a fundraising competition between schools and clubs to see which can raise the most
Overall, the most successful fundraisers are the ones that are creative and fun to do. Clubs continually told us that working for a cause towards a specific goal made for the best fundraisers. While these are just examples of what other clubs are doing, don’t be afraid to try something new! And if you have a great fundraising idea, please share it with me at email@example.com