Nominate an Everyday Hero!
The National Youth Council is now accepting nominations of outstanding young volunteers who show that you are never too young to make a difference in their local or global community with the American Red Cross.
Nominators are asked to submit a 1-2 minute video highlighting the young person in their local community who they consider a “Red Cross Hero.” Selected Heroes will be featured on the Red Cross Youth Website, as well as in YouthWire, plus they will receive some Red Cross swag in the mail!
The nominee’s achievements must demonstrate one or more of the following characteristics:
- Service to one’s local, national or global community
- Effort in creating innovative solutions to community needs
- Leadership of an exceptional service or advocacy activity
How to submit your nomination:
Please submit nominations to YouthInvolvement@redcross.org.
Along with the video, please include the following in your email:
- The name of the nominated youth
- The nominated youth’s email address
- A brief description of why the “hero” deserves the award, and their Red Cross background
- Nominator’s name and contact information for your Red Cross unit.
- The video must feature the nominated youth, explaining what he/she has done in to serve their community.
- The video can be the youth talking about their experiences, it can be a mix of video and pictures, or it can be a slideshow! The video is supposed to highlight the youth and how they are an “everyday hero” in their community, but the youth nominated can get creative on how to submit it!
- If you are an advisor and want to nominate a youth, the youth must be featured, but you are more than welcome to send us a story about this youth that we can share with the video as well!
- Please double check sound/visual quality of the video before submitting it.
- Below is a sample video, but feel free to get creative!
Deadline for nominations is Thursday, February 28th, 2013 5 p.m. EST.