Southern California Chapters Raise $211,000 for Oklahoma Disaster Relief
On Wednesday, several Southern California Chapters teamed up with local news station ABC7 and held a fundraiser for those affected by the Oklahoma tornadoes. Youth volunteers helped out with a Rose Bowl-Drive Thru Fundraiser to support Oklahoma Tornado relief. They helped direct cars and cheer on donors as they made donations throughout the day and helped raise close to $50,000 at the Rose Bowl alone, and $211,000 in total across three collection sites. To read the full story by ABC7, you can read it on their website here.
If you or your club would like to do something to help those affected by the Oklahoma tornadoes, try any one of the suggestions below.
1. Create your own Fundraiser: If you would like to support our current fundraising efforts, you can create an online fundraiser and invite your peers, clients, family and friends to support you. Please visit: www.redcross.org/
2. Display American Red Cross Banner Ads: Use an American Red Cross banner on your website, blog or other social media page. Just visit http://www.redcross.org/about-
3. Use Facebook: If you have a Facebook page for your company or organization you can add the Donate Tab to your page by visiting: http://apps.facebook.com/
If you have a personal Facebook profile, you can choose from “supporter”, “volunteer” and other Red Cross badges to add to your timeline.
4. Use eBay Giving to host an auction: You may buy and sell items to support our cause. You can donate 10-100% of their listing’s final sale price to the Red Cross. Buyers can donate $1 (or more) whenever they make a purchase on eBay and pay using PayPal.
5. Donate Blood: Visit Redcrossblood.org to schedule a time to donate blood or host a blood drive.