Apply to be a American Red Cross Summer Intern
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students an engaging internship at Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. through our Summer Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects. The overall aim of the program is to attract a pool of diverse, skilled, enthusiastic young professionals and provide them with an opportunity to build a long-term, substantive relationship with the Red Cross.
In addition, interns will:
- Gain substantive professional experience as well as exposure to critical issues pertaining to the non-profit sector.
- Develop a comprehensive perspective on the Red Cross mission and service delivery at the local, national and international levels.
- Receive networking, personal and professional development opportunities, including opportunities to meet with Red Cross senior leadership.
- The American Red Cross offers both paid and non-paid summer internships.
- Candidates may apply for as many paid and non-paid positions as they desire.
- The majority of our Summer Interns work out of our National Headquarters Office in D.C., however there are a number of positions based in field offices around the country. (Housing is not provided by the Red Cross.)
- The program will run from June 9, 2014 to August 15, 2014.
- The paid intern salaries range from $10/hr- $15/hour depending on experience, major and education level.
- All persons accepting a paid position with the program are required to work 40 hours per week for the entire length of the ten-week program.
- Positions are open to students who are enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs at the time they submit an application.
- Available internship positions vary from year to year according to our needs. The program offers approximately 45 internship positions in almost every Red Cross line of business.
Most 2014 opportunities will begin to post in late January 2014. To explore available internships, interested students can visit idealist.org for unpaid opportunities and indeed.com or redcross.org for paid opportunities. Students interested in positions should apply for specific open Red Cross intern positions. There is not a general application for Red Cross Internships. Apply by March 4, 2014.
For more information, check out: http://www.redcross.org/