Re-Energize Your Club for the Spring!
When spring rolls around, clubs sometimes find it difficult to keep the energy from the fall going. Here are some tips to bring your club together and get pumped for new opportunities to get involved with the Red Cross!
• Brainstorm: Find out what projects club members are interested in! Get club members excited about new project ideas by holding a meeting specifically for brainstorming or starting a discussion on Volunteer Connection dedicated to ideas for the new semester.
• Make New Goals: A new semester provides the new opportunity to pursue new activities. Take advantage of this fresh start to research new areas of service that your club has not already looked at!
• Finalize Plans: Once a club has some tangible projects and goals, take the time to plan concrete timelines. By planning ahead with specific dates, ambitious projects seem more feasible and less intimidating.
• Socialize: You want to remind club members of why they joined their Red Cross Club, and remember that an important aspect of club membership is forging new friendships! Some popular ways to get clubs to socialize include having informal gatherings, such as holding community dinners or to going to a movie together.
• Find New Ways to Get Involved: If you still want to hear about more ways to keep your Red Cross Club excited, contact the National Youth Council! You can scheduele an appointment with a National Youth Council member through the “Office Hours” program at http://redcrossyouth.org/arcnyc/office-hours/. Or, if you want to have your club talk with a National Youth Council member, consider scheduling a Connect Tour! More information about Connect Tours can be found at http://redcrossyouth.org/scholarships/connect-tour/