Download the NEW Emergency App
Top Ten Reasons to Download the New, Free Red Cross Emergency App
- IT’S FREE. Who wouldn’t want free 24/7 protection with emergency alerts and safety information?
- MONITOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. Parents, rejoice. The “Family Safe” feature lets you know if your loved ones are okay, even if they don’t have the app.
- EYE CANDY. Customize your weather alerts in various locations with photos of the loved one, or furry four-legged family member who lives there.
- WORKS ANYWHERE IN THE U.S. You can set 35 different emergency alerts to monitor multiple locations anywhere in the U.S.
- PLAN AND PREPARE. The “Make a Plan” feature helps families plan out what to do and where to go if a disaster strikes.
- HABLAMOS ESPAÑOL. Easily toggle between English and Spanish to use the language you’re most comfortable with in a stressful situation.
- NO CONNECTION, NO PROBLEM. If you can’t connect, you can still access the pre-loaded preparedness and response information from Red Cross experts.
- MAP IT OUT. Love maps? This app lets you overlay people, places, weather alerts, and open Red Cross shelters.
- BE A GOOD SON (OR DAUGHTER). Don’t wait for your mom to get her alert and ask if you’re okay. Ping her directly with the touch of a button using the “I’m Safe” feature.
- TORNADO SIREN. It’s loud. It’s awesome. It could save your life.
The free app can be downloaded by going to the app store for your smartphone or tablet or by going to redcross.org/apps. The “Family Safe” feature is also available on the new Apple Watch. And while apps can help prepared someone for disasters, it’s important to remember that downloading any of the Red Cross apps is not a substitute for training. To learn more about or register for Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED courses, visit redcross.org/TakeAClass .