New National Youth Council Members
The National Youth Council is incredibly excited to welcome seven new youth members and one new advisor to the team! The selection process was highly competitive, and it was truly inspiring to see the dedication of the American Red Cross’ amazing youth volunteers and youth leaders through the applications.
It is an absolute pleasure to introduce the new youth members and advisor of the National Youth Council!
- is a sophomore at Harvard College studying Neurobiology and Computer Science. Waverley is the Co-Director of Blood Services at the Harvard Red Cross Club and volunteers as a First Aid/CPR/AED instructor. Prior to college, Waverley was heavily involved with the Southwest Washington Youth Council in Vancouver, Washington. In addition, Waverley received the Navin Narayan Scholarship in 2014.
- is a junior at Rancho High School Medical Academy in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is the Founder and President of his school’s Red Cross Club, and serves at the President of the Youth Leadership Committee of the Nevada Red Cross Chapter. Furthermore, Eugen helps spearhead the Nevada Chapter’s Youth Leadership Development Camp and is a Red Cross Blood Recruiter.
- is a sophomore at UCLA studying Nursing. Miki has volunteered with the Northern California Coastal Region in a multitude of leadership capacities, including the Silicon Valley Board of Directors, the Northern California Regional Youth Executive Board, and the Silicon Valley Youth Executive Board. Furthermore, Miki has been a First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor for over two years.
- is a junior at the University of Michigan studying Cellular and Molecular Biology. Sally serves as the National Collegiate Officer of the Crossroads Division’s National Collegiate Assembly, and is the Blood Services Chair of the University of Michigan’s Red Cross Club. Prior to college, Sally was the Vice President of Skyline High School’s Red Cross Club.
- is a senior at Bartow International Baccalaureate High School in Winter Haven, Florida. Kriyana volunteers with the Office of Volunteer Services in the Central Florida Region, and is passionate about youth involvement within International Services. In addition, Kriyana is a Pillowcase Project Youth Instructor.
- is a senior at Dulaney High School in Baltimore, Maryland. Swati is the Founder and President of her high school’s Red Cross Club, and interns with Youth Services at the Chesapeake Region. Furthermore, Swati is the 2014-2015 High School Red Cross Volunteer of the Year of the Greater Chesapeake Region.
- is a recent graduate of Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois. Shannon was the International Humanitarian Law Action Campaign Liasion Chair of her Red Cross Club, and was an International Services Intern with the Red Cross in Central Illinois. Furthermore, Shannon was an International Humanitarian Law Youth Education Intern at National Headquarters.
- has been the Volunteer Manager of the North Jersey Region since 2009. She founded the North Jersey Regional Youth Council, and she
- currently advises over fifteen High School and College Red Cross Clubs. Suzanne is an instructor in International Services, Disaster, PHSS, and the Pillowcase Project. Furthermore, Suzanne has been a member of the Community Emergency Response Team since 2008.
Thank you to the Red Cross communities of these individuals for supporting them along their Red Cross journeys, and for helping them grow and thrive as American Red Cross volunteers.
We would also like to recognize the members who have rotated off the National Youth Council:
Former Positions: Vice Chair, Youth Working Group Lead, Creator of Office Hours
Former Positions: Vice Chair, Chapter Working Group Lead
Former Positions: Vice Chair, Communications Lead, YouthWire Editor, redcrossyouth.org Editor
Former Positions: Communications Lead, redcrossyouth.org Editor
Former Positions: Youth Working Group Lead, Creator of Connect Tour
Former Positions: Field Relations Lead, Chapter Communications Training Lead, NCA Liaison, NYIM Lead, Chapter Working Group Lead
Former Positions: Navin Narayan Scholarship Committee Lead, Creator of End of Year Transition Packet
Former Positions: Well-loved and Valued Advisor
Thank you all for your efforts and accomplishments for the National Youth Council and for the American Red Cross. You will definitely be missed, and we know that you will all continue to do amazing things as volunteers and as individuals!