How to Start a Red Cross Club
Want to start a Red Cross Club at your school? Here’s how.
1. Recruit a few “start up” people. Recruit 3-6 people to help you get the club up and running.
2. Find a teacher sponsor. Ask a teacher or counselor at your school who believes in volunteerism if he or she would be willing to serve as club advisor.
3. Get the approval from your local Red Cross unit. Get started by contacting your local Red Cross chapter. Gather information about the specific requirements for starting a Red Cross Club.
To find your local chapter, click here.
4. Get the approval from your school. You and the club advisor should approach the school administration with your idea to start a club. Find out what the school requires for new clubs and what other steps are involved in becoming an official school club.
5. Register your club. Register your club at the American Red Cross national headquarters so you will become a part of the national Red Cross youth volunteers social network. Your local chapter can help you register!
6. Advertise and recruit new members. Recruit other students who want to volunteer with the Red Cross. Advertise club meetings.
7. Hold the first club meeting. Congratulations! You’re ready to start planning service events and fun activities that support the Red Cross mission.
8. Keep in contact with your Red Cross unit. Keep in touch to ensure that your club will be provided with helpful materials and resources.